Magnet Assisted Transfection (MATra) - Best practices for best results
Magnet Assisted Transfection (MATra) is a new, gentle and powerful tool transfect cells with all types of nucleic acids.
Magnet Assisted Transfection technology enables:
- Transfection of sophisticated and slowly dividing cells such as neuronal cells and hepatocytes.
- A non-viral transfection method for cells, that are difficult to transfect
- High transfection efficiencies using DNA, ODN and siRNA
Greatly improved transfection rates with Magnet Assisted Transfection!
For indicated cells the following methods were tested: 1: Calcium phosphate vs Magnet Assisted Lipofection, 2-4: Lipofection vs Magnet Assisted Lipofection, 5: Lipofection vs Magnet Assisted Transfection. Data kindly provided by industrial IBA customer.
Ten good reasons to use MATra technology
- Greatly improved transfection rates
- Very gentle method with almost no toxicity; membranes remain intact
- No transfection related side effects on your model system and read out
- Only low vector doses are required
- Easy protocol; transfections can be performed in original culture plates
- Functional with serum and serum-free medium
- Successfully used on many and also critical cell lines (almost 200 cell types tested positively so far)
- Highly cost-effective; no need for expensive instruments (like electroporator or particle gun)
- Combination with lipofection or viral transfection possible
- Works excellently for various types of nucleic acids including siRNA or antisense oligo transfections