Protein Complex Purification and Protein:Protein Interaction Analysis
Twin-Strep-tag® – The high affinity tag
Based on its proprietary Strep-tag® technology IBA developed the Twin-Strep-tag® (tandem Strep-tag®) formerly known as One-STrEP-tag for a mild and rapid purification of intact protein complexes on immobilized Strep-Tactin®.
The Twin-Strep-tag® combines high specificity and mild conditions with higher affinity thereby enabling efficient purification directly from culture supernatants. Furthermore, it tolerates elevated detergent concentrations to reduce background.
Twin-Strep-tag (former One-STrEP-tag):
Properties / Benefits
- Twin-Strep-tag has a neutral amino acid composition
- Purification of recombinant proteins to over 99 % purity in a single step
- High affinity leads to good protein yields even in from cell culture supernatant
- Very low tendency of Strep-Tactin® to bind other proteins non-specifically
- Highly specific Twin-Strep-tag:Strep-Tactin® interaction
- Specific competitive elution with minute amounts of (desthio-)biotin in the physiological wash buffer