Strep-Tactin® Superflow® & Strep-Tactin® Superflow® high capacity
Both Strep-Tactin® Superflow® resins:
- combine outstanding flow characteristics with superior mechanical stability
- are suitable for increased flow rates and useful for purification of large protein complexes
- yield much higher protein purity (> 95 %) than 6xHistidine-tag purification on Ni-NTA Superflow®
Both resins are available as:
- 50 % suspension (slurry)
- pre-packed Strep-Tactin® gravity flow columns
- pre-packed cartridges for work with automated workstations like Äkta
Difference between Strep-Tactin® Superflow® and Strep-Tactin® Superflow® high capacity:
Strep-Tactin® Superflow® high capacity resin offers a three times higher binding capacity at identical high protein purity. It is the perfect solution for Strep-tag® fusion proteins at high expression levels.
The Strep-Tactin® Superflow® high capacity resin
- provides 2 to 3 times higher binding capacity than standard Strep-Tactin® Superflow® (150 – 500 nmol or up to 15 mg recombinant Strep-tag®II fusion protein per ml sedimented resin)
- enables a cost effective purification of higher protein amounts at optimal purity
- isolation of comparable protein yields with His-tag/Ni-NTA purification
Fig1: Comparison of Strep-Tactin® Superflow® with Ni-NTA Superflow® in respect to binding capacity and protein purity.