Specifications for Strep-Tactin® Purification Resins
Several Strep-Tactin® resin versions ( Sepharose®, Superflow®, Superflow® high capacity and MacroPrep®) are available which differ in their properties and suitability for applications:
Read about the different provided resin matrices
Superflow® high capacity (HC)
|Strep-Tactin® Sepharose®||Strep-Tactin® Superflow®||
Strep-Tactin® Superflow® High capacity (HC)
|Gravity flow column
||50 - 100 nmol/ml||50 - 100 nmol/ml||150 - 500 nmol/ml||50 - 100 nmol/ml|
|Support||Sepharose 4 FF
||6% agarose, crosslinked
||6% agarose, crosslinked||polymethacrylate|
||45 - 165 µm||60 - 160 µm spherical||60 - 160 µm spherical||50 µm
||3 x 107||6 x 106||6 x 106||1 x 106|
|Recommended linear flow rate*||up to 30 cm/h||up to 300 cm/h||up to 300 cm/h||up to 300 cm/h|
|Max pressure||Gravity flow||9,6 bar||9,6 bar||70 bar (cartridge cover 20 bar only)|
|Form||buffered 50% suspension||buffered 50% suspension||buffered 50% suspension||buffered 50% suspension|
|Storage||4 °C, do not freeze||4 °C, do not freeze||4 °C, do not freeze||4 °C, do not freeze|
For purification of Strep-tag®II proteins by gravity flow column chromatography
For packing individual columns bulk material is available.
For batch purification we recommend to use magnetic beads: MagStrep "type3" XT beads.
Both Strep-Tactin® Superflow® resins:
- combine outstanding flow characteristics with superior mechanical stability
- are suitable for increased flow rates and useful for purification of large protein complexes
- yield much higher protein purity (> 95 %) than 6xHistidine-tag purification on Ni-NTA Superflow®
Both resins are available as:
- 50 % suspension (slurry)
- pre-packed Strep-Tactin® gravity flow columns
- pre-packed cartridges for work with automated workstations like Äkta
Difference between Strep-Tactin® Superflow® and Strep-Tactin® Superflow® high capacity:
Strep-Tactin® Superflow® high capacity resin offers a three times higher binding capacity at identical high protein purity. It is the perfect solution for Strep-tag® fusion proteins at high expression levels.
The Strep-Tactin® Superflow® high capacity resin
- provides 2 to 3 times higher binding capacity than standard Strep-Tactin® Superflow® (150 – 500 nmol or up to 15 mg recombinant Strep-tag®II fusion protein per ml sedimented resin)
- enables a cost effective purification of higher protein amounts at optimal purity
- isolation of comparable protein yields with His-tag/Ni-NTA purification
Fig1: Comparison of Strep-Tactin® Superflow® with Ni-NTA Superflow® in respect to binding capacity and protein purity.
The MacroPrep® resin exhibits non-specific binding properties differing from those of Sepharose® or Superflow® and can, thus, be recommended in cases where suboptimal results are obtained with Sepharose® or Superflow®, and vice versa.
MacroPrep® is available in different formats:
- Pre-packed gravity flow columns
- Spin columns for rapid parallel purification of Strep-tag® proteins